The Krishi Vigyan Kendra is a district level Farm Science Center established by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi at Sant Namdev Sevabhavi Sanstha, Tondapur District Hingoli for speedy transfer of technology to the farmers fields. The operational area of this Krishi Vigyan Kendra comes under the Marathwada Zone. The aim of Krishi Vigyan Kendra is to reduce the time lag between Generation of technology at the research institutions and it’s transfer to the farmer’s field for increasing production, productivity and income from the agriculture and allied sectors on a sustained basis. In order to achieve this goal, four mandates have been envisaged in the design of the Krishi Vigyan Kendra.
Aims and Objectives:
- To demonstrate the latest agricultural Technologies to the farmers as well as the extension workers of the state Department of agriculture/Non-Governmental organization with a view to reduce the time lag between the Technologies generation and it’s adoption.
- To test and verify the Technologies in the socio economic condition of the farmers and identifying the production constraints. To impart training to the farmers, farmwomen, rural youth and field level extension functionaries by following the principles of “teaching by doing” and “learning by doing”.
- To provide training and communication support to the line department of the state/NGOs.
- To develop extension models to be adopted by general extension system for large scale multiplications.
- Collaborate with the subject matter specialists of the state Agricultural University/ Scientist of the Regional Research Station (NARP) and the state extension Personnel in “On-farming testing”, refining and documenting Technologies for developing region specific sustainable land use systems.
- Organize training to update the extension personnel within the areas of operation with emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basis.
- Organize front-line demonstrations in various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
- Organize long-term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the rural youths with emphasis on “learning by doing ” for generating self-employment through institutional financing.